The visit of the ECF delegation to China, Hong Kong and Macau for the 65th Anniversary Celebration for the founding of the Mission was truly "Love In Action".
A total of 16 ECF International Council members coming from America, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Philippines, and Northern Ireland spent seven days on this mission trip. Seven major events happened.
(1) Graduation Ceremony of English Teaching
- This Summer, ECF sent a total of ten English experts to China for a two week teaching program in five different locations.
Under the leadership of Ms. Molly Chang, our Master Teacher, and Ms. Rachel Shackleford, ECF Coordinator, all classes went really well with great sucess.
The Graduation Ceremony took place at the beautiful Provincial Library, attended by 200 persons, including the ECF International Delegation.
Ms. Elizabeth He, General Secretary of YWCA in Hangzhou who arranged all these teaching programs, thanks the ECF teaching team for their hard work and Christian love.
All classes performed various talent shows in English. The 90 degree hot weather did not creat any problems with teaching program.
We are thankful that these teachers and students and pastors, 120 in total, enjoyed the programs ECF provided this Summer. They all expressed strong appreciation for the ECF team.
Deep friendship has been established with Christian love.
At the evening banquet, Prof. Anthony Chan, ECF Treasurer, presented a love gift of US$2000 to Ms. He of YWCA for the purchase of two computers in order to improve the teaching equipment and follow-up services.
Hangzhou Teaching Program - July 16-27, 2012
1. Molly Chang - Master Teacher (Jian De City)
2. Rachel Shackleford - Coordinator (YWCA)
3. Beryl Carpenter (Seminary)
4. Irene Wen (Library)
5. Matthew Pereira (Library)
6. Sharon Ma (Vocational School)
7. Joseph Coleman (Vocational School)
8. Sherrie Yu (YWCA)
9. Tiffany Kung (YWCA)
10. Lois Ling (YWCA)
1. Jian De Teachers Class - 20 local English teachers
2. Seminary Class - 20 Pastors and Christian leaders
3. Library Class - 20 Students
4. Vocational School Class - 20 Students
5. YWCA Class - 40 Students
(2) Teaching Award Presentation
- Ms. Molly Chang, our Master Teacher this Summer, had led the ECF English Teams for a total of ten times during the past two decades.
She was highly recognized by local education officials. Her teaching skills and creative methodology were highly praised by all participants.
At the Fellowship Banquet, she received an award presented by both Hangzhou YWCA and ECF.
(3) Visit to Chongyi Church and Senior Home
- Pastor Joseph Gu welcomed the ECF delegation to his own church in Hangzhou.
Architect Sieyuen Chen, who designed the new church and was baptized in the baptistery she designed, also came to meet with the ECF delegation.
During the tour of this large church around 3 pm, a Chinese wedding ceremony was taking place. Therefore, the delegation was surprised to have such an experience in the Chinese tradition.
Pastor Gu also showed the short DVD on the newly completed Church of the Rock which is to be dedicated on September 30th this year.
This new church, built in a new community, has 12 institutions of Higher Education. It can accommodate 3000 for Sunday worship; plus a seven story Multi-purpose Building.
God is going to bless this new effort of reaching out to the intellects of Hangzhou.
Elder Ye and Rev. Gu invited the ECF delegation for a fellowship luncheon before we departed.
(4) International Council Worship
- On Sunday morning, the ECF delegation had a special worship experience at the YMCA Prayer Chapel in Hong Kong.
Dr. Harold Lane, Chairman, preached on Philippians 3:12-14. The 4A principle of growth (Assess, Abandon, Attempt and Award) truly encouraged all who follow God.
Rich sharing offered by each member also provided spiritual strength for this group to move forward with strong faith.
(5) Orphanage Open House
- ECF has beed in partnership with the government Social Welfare Department in Macau for over 50 years.
Last Christmas, the government provided a large new facility for the ECF Orphanage. Staff and children all enjoyed this new home. The official Open House took place on July 29.
Many alums and community leaders came to share their joy for the new home.
(6) ECF Grace Chapel is Growing
- The delegation had a short visit to the ECF Grace Chapel in Macau. Rev. Eddie Chan, Miss Yip and other Church leaders are deeply committed servants of the Lord.
Their effort in reaching out to the community with the gospel has been blessed by God with new believers.
(7) The 65th Anniversary Thanksgiving Banquet
- About 120 came to the Thanksgiving Banquet on Sunday evening.
Mr. Siu-en Choi, Head of Department of Social Solidarity, came and praised the outreach effort being accomplished by the ECF orphanage in Macau. He presented an award to ECF.
Dr. Paul Szeto, on behalf of the ECF Board, expressed deep appreciation for the support coming from the Macau government over the years
and asked for future partnership in order to bless more needy children in Macau with God's love.
During the banquet, special awards were presented to all Orphanage workers by Christine Lao, Head of Children and Youth Service Division.
Various musical programs were presented by the children (piano solo, violin solo, trio, and choir).
Orphanage staff performed Chinese classical song and cultural dance.
At the close of this historical event, Dr. Lane expressed (in English and translated into Chinese by Dr. Szeto) deep appreciation for the government officials, various support groups
and individuals for their strong support over the year. The benediction provided a glorious ending of the 65th Anniversary Celebration for the founding of ECF.
To God be the glory!